"Bloom Where You are Planted" πŸŒΉπŸŒΈπŸŒΏπŸ’•πŸ“

 

Yesterday I decided to go on an evening walk along the nature trails and saw a lovely pink clover in the middle of the field.  It was the only flower there that had pretty pink colours.  The shape of the blossom, and the joyful colour reminded me of the cotton candy that you can get at a summer fair.  Or a delicious scoop of strawberry ice cream, at an afternoon picnic in the park.

It brought back a lot of good childhood memories for me.  We used to collect these types of flowers as kids.  And the sweet smelling nectar reminds me of the fragrance of honey suckles that also grow in abundance around here.

I picked up the top flower that blossomed, and left the rest of the plant in the soil, so that it could produce more new flowers on the stem.  I didn't want to uproot the whole plant entirely, otherwise it would damage the new growth.  So I just pruned the top, and left the rest of the plant where it is, to be fruitful and multiply.  Hopefully it will produce a greater yield of these lovely and sweet smelling flowers.  Not only for our enjoyment, but also to feed the animals that live in the woodlands too.

I have come to appreciate the little things in life.  And if you look very closely, you can see the beauty of God reflected in all of His creation.  He is the best Artist and Master Craftsman.

In Genesis 1, God took a formless, empty, and dark earth, and created a place full of abundance and beauty.  And on the third day, God separated the waters to create dry land, and began making it hospitable for humans, animals, and birds by having the land produce vegetation.  Seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit.  These were seed bearing plants and fruit trees from which we could eat.  And God didn't just create one type of fruit tree, but an abundance.

God is a very creative Creator.  He enjoys making different types of plants and animals and stars.  And God's abundance isn't just limited to His creation.  He's also very generous with His grace and love.

In the eyes of this world, what I saw is just an ordinary clover.  Many people probably walked passed it, without even taking the time to notice that it was even there.  But God knew that He planted it there.  And He pointed it out to me today.  I also looked closely at some other plants, and noticed the very first wild strawberry plant, now starting to bud and produce its fruit. πŸ“

Now is the time for God's first fruits to "bloom and grow." πŸŒΏπŸŒΉπŸŒ·πŸ’• To expand and branch out.  All while remaining in Jesus, who is the True Vine.  So that we can continue to bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit.  The fruits of the Kingdom.

Isaiah 54:1-3

“Sing, O barren, you who have not borne!  Break forth into singing, and cry aloud, you who have not laboured with child! For more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord.  “Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings.  Do not spare.  Lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left, and your descendants will inherit the nations, and make the desolate cities inhabited."

"The meek shall inherit the New Earth." πŸŒΏπŸ’•

Jesus said, "Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven." (Matthew 18:3)

God wants us to trust Him, and approach Him eagerly like little children.  And He has promised to restore everything that was lost from the fall.

Humanity seems to have lost its childhood innocence, and sense of awe and wonder.  Joy is also very fleeting in this world, as the cares of this life can weigh us down.

But the Joy of the Lord is our strength.

As we get older, we don't seem to appreciate the little things in life, as much as we did when we were kids.

But God can make a way where there seems to be no way.  And all we must do is surrender it all to our Heavenly Father, and place all of our worries and concerns in His hands.  He is our Provider, and meets all of our needs.

Isaiah 65:17-19

“See, I will create New Heavens and a New Earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy.  I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more."

Phillipians 3:20-21

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself."  

A Dream About a Lotus Blossom:
 
The shape of the delicate pink clover that I found reminded me of another flower that I once saw in a dream.  At that time I was battling with a respiratory illness that was making it very difficult to breathe at times.  It was a very dark time for me physically.  But I still managed to eventually pull through it all, with God's help and healing touch.
 
Yet even while I was going through that illness, I still managed to get some sleep that night, and the Lord gave me an amazing dream of Heaven.  I saw bright coloured plants and shapes that were glowing with vibrant colours.  I saw things that I didn't even recognize here on Earth.  Everything seemed to be very alive and vibrant.  Then I noticed one specific type of flower in the dream, that resembled a pink lily or a lotus flower.  Only this one was decorated with beautiful diamonds and gemstones in the centre. πŸͺ·✨πŸ’Ž  It was so graceful and beautiful.  And definitely not of this world. 

Then the next day, after I had that dream, one of my dear friends sent me an email mentioning how she had recently read a poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.  He's a Romantic Poet from the late 1700s.  And the poem is about a flower that he picked from Heaven!

I thought it was amazing how she was led to read that poem, at the very same time that I was having this dream about the lotus flower.  Only God can orchestrate events like this!

Shortly after I had this dream, I was led to do some research on the lotus flower, and discovered some interesting things.  Apparently it is a flower that symbolizes the "Resurrection" and "Eternal Life."

The flowers grow in water that is filled with dirt and mud.  Just like how we also grow, while being planted in the murky environment of this fallen Earth.  Not only do lotuses grow in dirty water, but they also filter and clean toxins out of the water around them. They emerge on the water’s surface to bloom with beautiful purity. That brings to mind how we all have to deal with the dirt of sin in this fallen world. 

We rely on Jesus to cleanse us from sin, help us grow in holiness, and empower us with His Holy Spirit to thrive in beautiful ways.  Just like lotus flowers, we can show others the beauty of a powerful transformation that happens when we’re born again, and deeply rooted in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

 
Instrumental Melody:  "Scarborough Fair" πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–☘️
 

 Hymn Lyrics:  "Holy, Holy, Holy" πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸŒΏ
 
 
 
Hymn Lyrics:  "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore You" πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–
 

Hymn Lyrics:  "Lily of the Valley" πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸŒΏπŸŒΉπŸͺ·
 

Lyrics:  "Edelweiss," by Rodgers and Hammerstein πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸŒΏπŸŒΉπŸŒΈ
 

Revelation 19:6-8
πŸ’–πŸŒΏπŸŒΉπŸ’ŽπŸŒˆ✨πŸͺ·πŸŽΆ
 
 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.





 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to "The Sparrow Still Sings" πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–

"The Lord is Near to the Broken Hearted" ❤️ For Those Experiencing Loss. πŸ™

"Bring Forth the Kingdom of God" πŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ•Š️πŸŽΆπŸ¦‹πŸ‘‘