"Let's all Gather at the River" πΆπ️πππΏπ
Revelation 22:1-5 ππ₯π️
And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
A Walk on an Uncharted Path:
This is where the Lord led me today, along this uncharted path. It all began with a walk I took along the river bank close to where I live. There is a nature trail that I like to walk on often. But the Holy Spirit told me to, "Get up and start walking this way!" So I did, and ended up going farther along the pathway than I usually do. There were many different sights and sounds along the way too. Beautiful yellow butterflies, and sweet bird songs serenading as I walked. And lots of beautiful fragrances, such as the honey suckles, wild roses, and all of the other wildflowers that grow in this lovely natural landscape.
The walk even ended with a glimpse of a cute little red squirrel sitting on top of a tree stump in the middle of the forest. I just happened to peak under the canopy of leaves, and saw this sweet little guy eating an acorn for his supper.
As beautiful as the nature trail is, one thing that I noticed was how brown the water in the river looks. It doesn't look as clear as it used to a few years ago. It looks murkier than before. Time and pollution have taken its toll. And this shows the fallen state of this world as we currently know it. It desperately needs God's cleansing and healing touch. Just as much as our human hearts do.Romans 8:22-23
For we know that the whole creation groans and labours with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
God is going to create New Heavens and a New Earth, and the former things won't even be remembered or come to mind. This world still shows glimpses of the beauty of Eden before the fall. But sin and death have contaminated God's original plans for creation. For a time, the glory disappeared. But Jesus defeated death, hell, and the grave when He died on the cross, and was resurrected.
Now He is preparing a place for us in His Kingdom, and we cannot even comprehend how glorious it will be. We will see His face, and what we will see and hear in Heaven and on the New Earth will far surpass anything that we have ever experienced here on this Earth. The colours will be more brighter and vibrant, every creature will sing praises to God, we will smell more heavenly fragrances, and everything will come to life.
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, what God has ready for those who love Him." π
God is going to take us places that we've never seen before.
John 14:1-6 ✨✝️✨
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know... I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
The River Flows in You: π
I was also thinking about how the River of God is inside of us right now. The Holy Spirit is the Living Water. He is the River of Life. π️π₯ππΏπ§π And Jesus dwells inside the temple of our hearts, which are like a well-watered garden to Him, bearing good fruits for His Kingdom. Our deep spiritual thirst for God can only be satisfied in His Presence.
John 4:13-14
Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
John 7:37-39
On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive.
Lyrics: "Let the River Flow" πΆπ️π₯ππΏπ§π
Lyrics: "Peace is Flowing Like a River" πΆπ️π₯ππΏπ§π
Lyrics: "Shall We Gather at the River" πΆπ️π₯ππΏπ§π
Lyrics: "Where Justice Flows Down" πΆπ️π₯ππΏπ§π







Comments
Post a Comment