"Stories, Poems, and Parables" πŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ•Š️πŸ“šπŸͺ

 

Earlier today, something led me to take out an old binder that I have in my room that is filled up with collections of short stories and poems that I wrote during my university days.

When I was in school, I majored in English literature.  And I always loved reading and writing poems and short stories.  I loved to knit these stories and poems together, like a tapestry or a patchwork quilt.  And I know that it was God giving me the ability to write these words down on the pages of my notebook.  There is absolutely no way that I could've accomplished all of these projects on my own, without His help.

Jesus is the best story teller.  He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.  And He knew that we all carry a deep innate love for stories.  So that is the method He consistently uses to communicate His teachings.  He often teaches valuable lessons in parables.  "Once upon a time there was a man who scattered seed on the ground." (Mark 4:26)  Once upon a time there was a mustard seed." (Mark 4:31)  And on and on... πŸ“š Jesus used stories in His interactions with people as a way to help them see and understand the world more clearly.  And He also uses parables to teach us about the Father's love, and also what awaits us in God's Kingdom.

The Poems and Stories I Wrote:

I feel led to share a few of the poems and stories that I wrote.  As I read them again this morning, I was focusing on things in them that also seem to touch on what Jesus speaks about in His parables.

While the poems mainly focus on observations found in nature, and also good memories and experiences from my childhood.  Perhaps more revelations can be gleaned from these writings.  Of course I will leave the interpretations up to the readers. πŸ˜ŠπŸ“šπŸͺπŸ’•

Two Poems: 

 

A Short Story that I Wrote from the Perspective of an Amethyst Stone: πŸ’Ž✨

We have a mine around here, in Thunder Bay, Ontario.  And it is filled with these kinds of precious gemstones.  I took a trip to the mine with my parents a few years ago, when I was still living in Winnipeg, and out visiting them over the summer holidays.

When I wrote the story, I was not only thinking about what I had observed on the trip.  But I was also contemplating the process of refinement, character shaping, and polishing that we all go through.  How God's Hands shape us, and transform us, into the vessels of honour that He wants us to be.  We become His own works of art.


Forged in Fire: πŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ•Š️πŸ’ŽπŸš

As I was pondering these stories again, I was reminded of something that I thought about a few years ago.  How growth and transformation takes place from the inside out.

I thought of an oyster shell.  How it looks drab, ordinary, and earthy from the outside.  But when you crack the shell open, the inside of the shell has a beautiful iridescent shine on it.  Almost like a pearl, with decorative rainbow colours producing an exquisite work of art.

So it is with us.  We carry this treasure in our earthly bodies, these humble jars of clay.  And this treasure of the Holy Spirit comes from God, and is not from us.  When we become born again, Jesus gives us a new heart, and puts a new Spirit within us.  He removes the heart of stone, and gives us a heart of flesh.  He shapes and refines us, and allows us to feel His heart even more.  And we start to reflect His character to the people around us, from the inside out.  He decorates our lives, when we allow Him to become part of our story! 🌹✨πŸ“šπŸŒˆπŸ’•πŸͺπŸ¦‹

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart."



Song Lyrics:  "You Decorated My Life," by Kenny Rogers πŸŽΆπŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ•Š️🌹✨πŸ“šπŸͺ
 

Lyrics:  "Heart of Gold," by Neil Young πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–✨πŸ’›
 

Lyrics:  "Diamonds," by Hawk Nelson πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸ’ŽπŸŒˆ✨🐚
 
 
Lyrics:  "Indescribable," by Chris Tomlin πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–πŸŒΏ
 
 
 
 Lyrics:  "El Shaddai," by Amy Grant πŸŽΆπŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ•Š️πŸ’§πŸŒΉ✨
 

 
 
 



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to "The Sparrow Still Sings" πŸŽΆπŸ•Š️πŸ”₯πŸ’–

"The Lord is Near to the Broken Hearted" ❤️ For Those Experiencing Loss. πŸ™

"Bring Forth the Kingdom of God" πŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ•Š️πŸŽΆπŸ¦‹πŸ‘‘